Daisypath Graduation tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

Great day!

We had a late start today since we kind of slept in! Today Rachel started out with math. Finished a whole lesson in one day! Usually it takes two days for her to finish a lesson. Today was telling the hour on a clock, and addition review. I looked through her book, and she has three more lessons to go, and then it's onto the first grade math book! Haven't ordered it yet though. Brandon was all like, "So, when do we have to order that?" and "How much is the next book?"

Brandon took the day off today, so the girls then went out to play for a break while he worked in the yard, and I got some things done inside. I had Rachel come in and read Last One In Is a Rotten Egg! out loud to me while I made lunch. After lunch she had some computer time with Reader Rabbit while I got Michaela down for a nap.

Next was another science lesson, onto lesson two. . . .it was an overview of most of the systems in the body, talking about what each one does in general, and the main parts involved. I love that her book leaves out reproductive system since it's geared towards younger children. :) All the others are mentioned in it though, I believe, if I'm remembering all the systems and not forgetting one that may have been left out. One more lesson to go and we're done with the first unit, which is pretty much an overview of the whole text. The other units have more lessons in them. I'm planning on skipping two units and going right to the Digestive System unit next. We have a nutrition class at a grocery store with our homeschool group on the 28th. There's a lesson in that unit on nutrition. I thought it would be nice to have the trip coincide with our science studies. Then, we'll go back and cover the units we skip over. Luckily, the lessons don't have to go in order to make sense. Each unit is basically a more in depth look into one of the systems.

The last thing we did in our school day was I had her write a paragraph in her journal about her day today for writing. After she wrote, we analyzed it, I wrote under it what she was saying so that she'll be able to read it when she's older. lol Then, we talked about how she needs to put a space between her words so that it doesn't look like a jumbled mess of just letters running on together, so people can read it; and talked about how to spell the words she misspelled.

I plan to do some things with her tomorrow, but we'll be busy packing to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house and doing laundry, so not sure we'll do as much as usual.

No comments: