Daisypath Graduation tickers

Friday, May 9, 2008

It went so well!

I was nervous about getting resistance when it came time to take her out of public school. Taking Rachel out of school today went surprisingly well. Her teacher was sad to see her go since she just adores Rachel and she's "such a good kid," according to her. (I sure hope she had been good while at school!) But, she TOTALLY understood, especially since there's only 3 weeks left of school anyway! I was expecting some kind of resistance or hard feelings. Sounds like she'll still be getting a report card and everything! The office people were kinda sad too. She said, "Rachel's leaving!" and gave a little pout, but didn't give me a fight about it at all!

I would have taken her out on Monday, but she REALLY wanted me to come to the little Mother's Day party thing today. So, I left her in, went to the party, then took her out. Now, after the fact, a part of me actually feels a little sad for some reason, but we know this is best. I guess cause her teacher was so sweet! She just wasn't learning at her level, and we were fed up. That and Rachel doesn't work well being away from home from 8:30-4:30! That's too much for 5 year olds, if you ask me. Just about every evening, she'd be in an awful mood from too much of a long day. . . .long boring not learning much of anything new day!

I took her to Chick-fil-a afterwards for an ice cream to "celebrate her last day of public school." :)

No comments: